Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crazy Concentric Lines

2nd Grade learned about Concentric Line to begin the school year. I thought this might be a bit of a challenge, but turns out they were up for it! I love my smART Artists!! 

We started by drawing three shapes in the middle of our paper. Close to each other perhaps even overlapping a bit. Then I taught them what a concentric line was and how to make it so it goes around all their shapes. Echoing the side and curve of each of their shapes, they were to grow these concentric lines until it was over flowing from their paper. Next we choose three colors to create a pattern.
 (I was pretty impressed on how their coloring skills have improved. :)


Last we added line and shape patterns to fill in the shapes. 


All and all a good lesson to start the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment