Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chinese New Year Dragon

              I know I'm a bit late with this post, but this year is flying by at the speed of sound:) 
This was a great lesson for my after school group. I usually see two groups for 45 minutes each and this lesson worked great for all grade levels K-5. I did make a dragon head tracer for the little ones, but older students could draw their own.
 First we reviewed about warm and coo color groups. Students then needed to choose one color from each group, they traced their hands for the body of the dragon and were free to choose any color for the head. After adding a bit of embellishment to the body to look like scales and decorating the head with an eye or flames, the dragons were ready to assemble. Some students even added wings and horns. This was a fun project and I know I found this on one of the wonderful blogs I follow but can not remember which, to whoever you are thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment