Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Art Club

 This year I have taken on a new group for Art Club...Kindergarten thru 2nd Graders! 
One thing I learned over the summer doing Art Camps, is that things flow better with a theme. So this year I am taking that approach with my Art Club, each quarter will have a different theme. 
First quarter our theme is Autumn! (I'm thinking seasonal this year).
For our first project we made owls and leaves to create a group collaborative bulletin board. The students created owls and leaves with oil pastels and watercolor. As you can tell we had so many that I had no room for the sign so I got creative and hung it above. It was one of the easiest bulletin boards I've ever done because all students helped with hanging up their own artwork.



For our next project we made Scarecrows. 
I showed the students pictures from Grant Wood and his spacious rural landscapes, for inspiration for their backgrounds. And I borrowed a scarecrow from our garden at school to help them in creating their scarecrows. (Stay tuned on more for garden art activities this year.) 
All in all the results were too CUTE! 


She made sure the fabric was used as the pots for the flowers to grow from.





No comments:

Post a Comment